Creole Apple Sausage Cornbread Stuffing
Add a little spice to your Thanksgiving meal this year with this creole stuffing recipe!
SERVINGS: 8 – 10
• 1 pound Jimmy Dean Premium Pork Sausage regular
• 1 medium green bell pepper, diced
• 1 medium onion, diced
• 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
• 1 tablespoon fresh sage, chopped
• 1 medium apple diced
• 22 oz (1 + 1/2 14oz bag) Pepperidge Farm Cornbread Stuffing
• 4 cups chicken stock
• 1 tablespoon Tony Chachere’s Creole Seasoning
• 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
• 1 tbsp butter
• 1 egg beaten
Coat large skillet with cooking spray and brown sausage on medium heat for 5 minutes. Add butter, diced onions, bell peppers, parsley, creole seasoning and crush red pepper flakes. Stir together and let cook for 10 minutes on low heat. Stir in diced apples and sage and let simmer for 3 minutes. In a casserole pan, slowly mix cornbread stuffing, chicken stock and beaten egg. Add skillet contents to the casserole dish and mix all together. Bake in oven for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.